Seven Roads Junction, PO Box 25, Kodaikanal 624 101, Tamil Nadu, India tel: (91) 4542 247 500 fax: (91) 4542 241 109 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KIS is the candle that provides its alumni with the light that radiates from within, to serve humanity. With over a century of history, Highclerc, Kodaikanal School and now, Kodaikanal International School, has grown into one of the finest residential schools in India. KIS strives to maintain links and connections with and amongst its 'global family.' We invite you to explore the links on this site to maintain your ties with KIS alumni. Our hope is to provide you with information about current developments at Kodaikanal International School and to facilitate alumni reunions and networking.
KIS Alumni office would be honored to welcome you back to Kodai and we hope that your time here will be pleasant and memorable. Though there have been many physical changes in Kodaikanal town as well as on KIS campus, the memories are still here. As you stroll down memory lane, do give us an opportunity to share with you what KIS is today, as well as our hopes and plans for the future. KIS Alumni office (established in 1993) would like to be your resource during your visit. It is open when school is in session between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday and by appointment during vacation times.
KIS Alumni office endeavors to:
- welcome visiting KIS alumni
- organize alumni activities at KIS, in India and world wide
- liaise with area chapter presidents and class representatives to network / organize alumni chapter programs / events
- facilitate special events requested by KIS alumni
- maintain an up to date online KIS alumni directory
- correspond regularly with KIS alumni in India and around the world
- assist graduates in transition from KIS to their next stage in life – KIS mentorship program
- facilitate and produce alumni publications
- updating alumni on KIS news through a monthly e-newsletter
Visit the Alumni office to:
- sign our guest book; have a cup of coffee or tea and reminisce
- browse old Eucy yearbooks, magazines and photographs of fellow alumni
- find addresses of classmates and share any addresses you may have
- ask for a guided tour of KIS Highclerc and Ganga campuses
- find information on upcoming alumni and KIS events
- purchase KIS memorabilia such as books, cards, DVD and t-shirts amongst others
- get an idea of things to do and places to visit or shop in Kodai
Alumni Visiting KIS
There are two Alumni guesthouses located on the Lochend compound.
- Bachman Cottage, a one-room facility (studio style) with attached kitchenette, bathroom and accommodates two persons. It is nestled on the hillside and tucked away in the woods. Bachman has a small porch, with a grassy area in front under a big beautiful tree. Amenities include: hot water, purified drinking water, pot-bellied stove. It is centrally located; five minute walk to restaurants and shops at the Seven Roads junction.
- Dunmere Annex, has a bedroom with 2 beds, a small sitting room, a kitchenette and bathroom. Two couches in the sitting room can double up for sleeping accommodation, making it possible to sleep up to four persons. Dunmere Annex has a large grassy area in front and back for outdoor seating, when the weather is pleasant.
The kitchenettes are equipped with a hot-water kettle and crockery and cutlery for four persons, making it possible to have take-out meals, if desired. Each cottage has its own charm and personality.
The guesthouses are reserved for visiting alumni, if available, they may be booked by official school guests. The rates for the guesthouses are as follows:
- Alumni - Rs 500 / night / cottage (up to two guests) + Rs 250 / night / additional guest
- Friends - Rs 750 / night / cottage (up to two guests) + Rs 250 / night / additional guest