Seven Roads Junction, PO Box 25, Kodaikanal 624 101, Tamil Nadu, India tel: (91) 4542 247 500 fax: (91) 4542 241 109 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kodaikanal International School (KIS) is a multiple campus school with world class facilities located in Kodaikanal and nearby national forest reserve in the Palani Hills conservation zone.
KIS consists of two academic campuses:
- KIS High School (grades 9-12)
- KIS Elementary School (Playschool, Preschool, Kindergarten, grades 1-5)
- Middle School (grades 6-8)
These 2 campuses additionally provide staff residences and student accommodation.
- 73 classrooms
- 2 libraries (and an additional English medium community library)
- 2 media centers
- 5 computer / IT labs
- 3 study halls
- 6 science laboratories (including home economics)
- 1 student recreation room 'lounge'
Among the first schools in India to have a networking system connected by a fiber optic cable backbone intranet, KIS IT provision is currently:
- 210 computers running on Windows XP
- 120 computers running on Windows 7
- 5 computer labs with 12-20 computers per lab
- 4 servers supporting the network (a firewall server, 2 file and printing servers and a database / web server)
- Broad band internet connection with 12 Mbps speed (to be upgraded to 20 Mbps)
- Internet monitoring system to supervise student internet use with selective site blocking for student protection
- 450 student and staff laptops use the school network
KIS also owns and maintains over a hundred staff residences, a combination of apartments, duplex ground floor houses and stand-alone residences as well as a variable number of local houses rented on a needs basis.
Sport & PE facilities
Recreation and sporting needs are currently met on the academic campuses by:
2 covered courts (Highclerc and Ganga campuses) for basketball, indoor football, volleyball and badminton
- 3 playing fields for football, cricket, baseball and field hockey
- 2 outdoor basketball courts
- 2 racquetball courts
- 5 clay tennis courts
- 2 children's playgrounds
- Fitness center
Thanks to the generous support of KIS Alumni, Loch End Fitness Center opened in 2008. The gym is outfitted with a fine commercial quality multi-station gym, treadmills, ellipticals, upright bikes and rowing machines. One half of the fitness center space is an open area surrounded by mirrors to accommodate dance and aerobic classes. Training on the equipment will be incorporated into the Physical Education program; aerobic classes and dance programs also have the opportunity to use this space.
KIS residential catering is provided by KIS Food Services department through:
- 2 main dining facilities with full kitchens (one on each academic campus)
- Gymkhana Snack Bar, a fast food counter for students & staff attractively set in open lawn with outside tables, chairs and garden umbrellas.